"Make sense" keymap to launch gnome-system-monitor?

Luis de Bethencourt luisbg at ubuntu.com
Wed Feb 6 20:11:54 GMT 2008

I'm against this grave key use. In keyboards for languages that use
accents, like spanish... á é í ó ú
to do "´" you have to hit the button twice, to diferentiate from "á"
which is grave key and then letter.

combined key commands requiring to hit one of the keys twice... weird!

Luis

On Feb 6, 2008 8:49 PM, Cory K. <coryisatm at nc.rr.com> wrote:
> Ok. I'm Proposing <Control>grave.  Or the "Control" and "`/~" keys.
>
> Now this is bound to be different on a non-en_us keyboard so it needs
> testing.
>
> You can use this in a terminal to quickly test. USE ONLY IF YOU KNOW
> WHAT YOU ARE DOING!
>
> gconftool-2 -t str --set
> /apps/metacity/global_keybindings/run_command_10 "<Control>grave" &&
> gconftool-2 -t str --set /apps/metacity/keybinding_commands/command_10
> "gnome-system-monitor" && gconftool-2 -t str --set
> /apps/compiz/general/allscreens/options/run_command9_key
> "<Control>grave" && gconftool-2 -t str --set
> /apps/compiz/general/allscreens/options/command9 "gnome-system-monitor"
>

> -Cory

Luis de Bethencourt Guimerá
luisbg
<luisbg at ubuntu.com>