Real time kernel exploitation

Alessio Igor Bogani abogani at ubuntu.com
Wed Aug 13 09:20:23 BST 2008

Hi,

2008/8/13 Andrew Hunter <andrew at aehunter.net>:
[...]
> | 2) Port RH implementation (rtctl) on Ubuntu. It is too complex for me
> | but it get less assumption than rtirq.
>
> This would require the porting and packaging of most (possibly all) the
> daemons listed here[1].

Those aren't daemon but kernel threads (usually called kthreads) and
we don't package it. In fact those are already present in rt kernel
package. rtctl is a very simple package ti should be count only a
couple of files.

If MOTUs help me with rt and rt-tests packages I'll re-packaging rtctl
with pleasure.

In any case i agree with Andrew. We should choice the easiest
implementation to keep it understandable.

Ciao,
Alessio

P.s.
Anyone have tested rt kernel?