Should Qsampler be dropped from Ubuntu archives?

Luis de Bethencourt bethencourt at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 08:45:56 GMT 2007

As I stated in a thread about the same topic.

If we endorse Qsampler in any way, we are indirectly endorsing
linuxsampler (which ironically isn't free... come on l i nu x
sampler?).

We should avoid endorsing, even indirectly, any non free software. Not
just because we can't ship it by default. But because we would be
stepping in our toes in the movement of making multimedia production
grow in the free software world.

To give an extreme example... maya, with it's closed source license,
can run in linux. And let's be honest, it's more vastly used in the 3d
profesional world. Are we going to bundle it in a tricky way for
ubuntu studio and ditch blender. Hell no! We want to see blender grow
to it's full potential, which is a huge.

Luis de Bethencourt

On Nov 26, 2007 9:37 PM, ttoine at ttoine.net <ttoine at ttoine.net> wrote:
> It would be a good idea to remove Qsampler, if it is not possible to
> ship linuxsampler...
>
> Toine
>

> Cory K. a écrit :
>
> > Since there are several samplers out there and Qsampler depends on
> > linuxsampler (which we cannot ship) Qsampler is kinda on the chopping
> > block in Ubuntu.
> >
> > What are some thoughts on this?
> >
> > -Cory \m/

Luis de Bethencourt Guimerá