Common settings app for Ubuntu Studio

Cory K. coryisatm at
Thu Nov 22 23:05:33 GMT 2007

Hi all.

Luke and I were throwing around the idea of a little app for common
settings that Ubuntu Studio users would like to have access to.

It would have to be a app that ran as sudo. We would call it

We would have to get together a list of common things that users usually
edit by hand.

One I can think of are in the limits.conf file. The "memlock" setting
where it would be specific to the users system, depending on their
amount of RAM. The "rtprio 99" and "nice -10" settings in limits.conf I
think are static for the most part and we can continue to set those for
the users and forget it.

Any others?

Anyone out there other than someone on the current dev team wanna help
us tackle this? Now I must say this is just a app for common settings.
Something to use a GUI to edit text files that you normally have to hunt
for. We're not out to make a app that will be some billion setting monster.

So throw out some ideas. :)

-Cory \m/