Thoughts for default Hardy UI. (.deb included)

Karoliina Salminen karoliina.t.salminen at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 18:02:15 GMT 2007

On Nov 21, 2007 6:47 PM, ttoine at ttoine.net <ttoine at ttoine.net> wrote:
> I do it on the desktop, like on macosX...

The reason why I am not doing it on desktop is that I rarely look at
the desktop, and I usually always see
the panel, I have never used to use desktop for anything, I don't even
use it on Mac very much. One reason
is that I wouldn't find anything from it since there is so much space
to spend -
I have 2560x1600 resolution monitor and if I would be heavy-using desktop,
I would spend lots of time moving my head in order to locate something
I am looking for. However,
having the eject on panel menu similarly than close icon in
application switcher menu on Hildon Desktop's Task Navigator
panel, would be a lot faster for those who do not like to see all the
time the desktop (Places is always in a position
which is easy to find, even on a large screen like this). But that is
just my opinion and idea and it does
not mean that it is the absolutely correct one for everybody, not
everybody is maybe using (yet) 30 inch monitor,
but it would just suit me best that way. I know that some want a
desktop-like content management.
I used to like that back on Amiga times, but with that it was pretty
easily manageable as the screen was small and
the amount of items was not thousands but dozens at maximum.

Best Wishes,
Karoliina