[orca-list] Orca Fails in Studio, Espeak Settings Not Applied in Feisty, Audio Woes

Henrik Nilsen Omma henrik at ubuntu.com
Mon May 21 15:49:27 BST 2007

Hi,

I'm copying the Ubuntu Studio development mailing list to make them
aware of this. It seems they have chosen to use the alternate installer,
presumably because ubiquity does not suit their needs (?) We would hope
that all our derivatives choose to keep the accessibility infrastructure
in place so that the variety of options will be available to everyone.

It seems there are several metapackages you can install from the stock
ubuntu to get the studio functionality, such as ubuntustudio-audio. That
can serve as a solution in the short term at least. type 'apt-get
install ubuntustudio-audio ubuntustudio-audio-plugins' at a command line
or use synaptic.

The Ubuntu Studio theme is actually quite high contrast (and inverse) so
with bigger fonts it might be quite usable.

Henrik