Ubuntu-studio

kemoiz kemoiz at verizon.net
Wed Jun 13 17:00:10 BST 2007

Good morning...

    I've a problem that I, have been unable to resolve or obtain help.   I've been to the forum and that didn't work...

    I installed UBUNTU without incident using the Wubi, download...  A few days later, I downloaded and installed Ubuntu-Studio.  Again all went well after the installation.... The next day when I  booted up my computer with Ubuntu-studio, I get an error message reading..:
"Failed to start X server (Graphical Interface ) likely not set up properly...."
It asked if I wanted to see the detail and when I clicked the yes button a screen gives me another message:
          "X Window system Ver 7.2.0.  Release 22 Jan 2007, X Protocol Version 11, Rev 0, Rel 22....
           Current OS Ubuntu 2.6.20 -16- Low laatency #2 SMP..."

I've had suggestions to use the command line and reconfigure my video card....
I'm unable to get to a command line......

Fortunately, I'm running Windows XP home edition, but would enjoy getting the Linux OS working.....

Any help would be appreciated......

                                                            Thanks,

                                                                          Joe