Where we are now. (IRC meeting for December 2nd 2007 is canceled.)

Jussi Schultink jussi01 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 1 20:55:24 GMT 2007

Hi, couple of quick things:

On Dec 1, 2007 10:30 PM, Cory K. <coryisatm at nc.rr.com> wrote:
> IRC meeting for December 2nd 2007 is canceled but here are some status
> notes.
>
> Cory K. wrote:
> > This is the amended list of Ideas/Decisions that came out of out team
> > meeting on Sunday. It includes who specific tasks were assigned to.
> >
> > Thanx to all who attended. It was a very productive meeting.
> >

> > **PACKAGING**
> >
> > 1) New Packages
> >  * liquid-resize-plugin - (jussi01)
> >

> This was absorbed into the gimp-plugins-registry package and is in Hardy
> now.

Has this been added to the list of things to be installed in the
graphics package?  If not, I think it should be.

> >  * wired - (tsmthe "On hold")
> >  * alsa-firmware (get into restricted modules) - (tsmthe)
> >
> No change in status.
>
> >  * gigedit - (AstralJava)
> >

> Need update in status.
>
> >  * freemix - (luisbg)
> >  * openlibs - (rexbron)
> >  * jbatch - (rexbron)
> >

> Waiting on upstream issues to be solved.
>
> >  * genpo - (rexbron)
> >

> This is has made it into Hardy. Nice going Andrew. ;)
>
> > 2) Packages to look out for will be handled by a script that Joe will
> > create. It will show the Gutsy version vs. Debian (sid) vs. Hardy.
> >  * The job of reviewing this list will be assigned to someone. (Jussi
> > and AstralJava will handle this)
> >

> Joe has finished all the this but because of server issues hasn't
> brought it online yet. Should be up soon.

Please make sure you let us know when it comes up.

> > 3) Recruitment. (not this cycle)
> >
> > 4) Get guys on a MOTU path. (syncs/merges and such) (TheMuso has a hand
> > on this)
> >
> > 5) What do we do with our PPA?
> >  * It was decided we will use it as our own playful,crackfull testing space.
> >

> No change.
>
> > 6) Go over our package descriptions to standardize the use of "Ubuntu
> > Studio" in them.
> >  * ie: No Ubuntustudio or UbuntuStudio or Ubuntu-Studio. Always "Ubuntu
> > Studio". (luisbg will handle this)
> >

> Done and uploaded.
>
> > 7) Remove unneeded files from our art packages.
> >  * There looks to be duplicate files. (TheMuso will do this)
> >

> Done and uploaded.
>
> > 8) Edit meta descriptions to fix how they are displayed in our Tasksel
> > options. (Will need testing. Revert if it doesnt work.)
> >

> Not implemented yet.
>
> > 9) Backport important packages. (keep backports in mind for packages
> > users would want and file the needed bug.
> > https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BackportRequestProcess)
> >
> > 10) For modification of Ubuntu packages that we work on, we will now use
> > "Ubuntu Studio Developers <ubuntu-studio-devel at lists.ubuntu.com>"
> > instead of MOTU now.
> >

> Nothing to report.

Ardour is now in gutsy backports.

> > **OTHER**
> > 1) "Review video editors to possibly move from PiTiVi." (rexbron will be
> > gathering intel)
> >

> Work is progressing.
>
> > 2) How far do we diverge form Debian?
> >  * This will be evaluated based on the versions of packages in
> > Ubuntu/Debian/upstream and what features/fixes the updates bring.
> >
> > 3) Wubi support. (Decision is "No" but do testing.)
> >  * Preformance issues?
> >  * Presentation?
> >  * Leaning toward No.
> >

> No change to report.
>
> > 4) Compiz support. (Take this to the LinuxAudio ML)
> >  * Drawing the windows will cause less xruns.
> >  * Would have to ship with with a minimal config.
> >  * Disk would be bigger.
> >  * Blender crashes.
> >

> Compiz is added to our seeds and everyone is encouraged to test usage of
> Compiz with key apps in Ubuntu Studio.
>
> > 5) Addition of a more "full-featured" burning app. K3B, Gnomebaker or
> > Brasero  (K3B looks to be the choice based on features but take this to
> > our -users ML.
> >

> Added to our seed list.

Lastly from me, are there any particular bugs that are really "ubuntu
studio" that need to be addressed now? anything which people have
noticed which needs focusing on?

> So this is pretty much where we are as of now. Ask any questions if needed.
>
> -Cory \m/
>
> --

Cheers

Jussi