Fwd: Keyboard arrows emulation via IRDA interface

Paul Bartell paul-bartell at ubuntu.com
Mon May 17 15:01:18 BST 2010

I recently did a similar thing with an RS-232 barcode reader. You
might want to take a look at http://kbde.sourceforge.net/ for info
about emulating a keyboard. a delay of 3ms is probably more than
sufficient for pretty much anything, instead of the default which is
annoyingly slow.

sudo kbde –delay 3 -i /dev/ttyUSB0 is an example, using the
/dev/ttyUSB0 serial port.

2010/5/16 Leo <masterleo at ukr.net>:
> Hi!
> I want to create simple electronic circuit that helps me to emulate keyboard
> arrows using IRDA interface.
> I found many similar electronic schemes on site cxem.net (it is russian),
> but i did not found scheme for my purpose.
> Anyone know how i can create this schem?

Random quote of the week/month/whenever i get to updating it: "Quis custodiet
ipsos custodes?": "who shall watch the watchers themselves?" - Juvenal