[Bug 1926547] Re: Add Dell Privacy Mic Mute Key mapping
1926547 at bugs.launchpad.net
Thu Apr 29 07:15:24 UTC 2021
Upload debdiff of hirsute.
** Patch added: "systemd_247.3-3ubuntu3.1.debdiff"
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Sponsors Team, which is subscribed to the bug report.
Add Dell Privacy Mic Mute Key mapping
Status in OEM Priority Project:
Status in systemd package in Ubuntu:
* Dell introduces new function called Dell Privacy, it utilizes
hardware mute to control audio and camera. The commit map the reported
key event to mic mute for making userspace can work as before, "Mic
Mute" dialog pop-up while the mic mute button is pressed.
* Use a Dell machine, which has Dell privacy function, and press mic mute key.
GUI will pop up "Mic Mute" icon.
[Where problems could occur]
* This change adds key event mapping in hwdb, which won't impact
* The change can only work with kernel commit on some specific hardware, ex. Latitude 9520. The commit series is "hardware-privacy-implementation-for-dell-laptop" in alsa-devel kernel tree.
* This change has been verified on Dell machine.
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
More information about the Ubuntu-sponsors