[Bug 1921991] Re: [SRU] Support isdv4-aes stylus group and multiple AES stylus definitions
1921991 at bugs.launchpad.net
Tue Apr 13 11:49:37 UTC 2021
@Bin, thanks for the work there. By SRU rule the issue needs to be fixed
in the current serie first. Are the patches in 1.8/hirsute? If not could
you prepare a debdiff for that serie?
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Sponsors Team, which is subscribed to the bug report.
[SRU] Support isdv4-aes stylus group and multiple AES stylus
Status in OEM Priority Project:
Status in libwacom package in Ubuntu:
* There are lots of stylus couldn't be used on Lenovo's platform, our
OEM customer request to support ThinkPad P15 Gen 1, ThinkPad X1 Yoga
Gen5, ThinkPad P1 G3.
* I reviewed and tested the below patches from upstream. It could
support the stylus very well on P15, P1 or X1 Yoga.
* a864679 - Add multiple AES stylus definitions
I applied into libwacom2 1.3-2ubuntu1, no errors.
* 8652aa3 - Add isdv4-aes stylus group to all AES sensors
I tried to apply this patch, but there are not 'data/isdv4-48ca.tablet' and 'data/isdv4-48ce.tablet', it failed for these two files.
* ba02abf - Add ISDv4 51e9 (Lenovo ThinkPad P15 Gen 1) (#325)
* Need your laptop have AES stylus, check the pen setting at gnome-
control-center when the pen touch the screen. It could not
set/customize the stylus, such as the second button as right click.
* After updated the new packages with these patches, you could
customize the stylus at gnome-control-center.
[Where problems could occur]
* It only changes the data/ parts to support more stylus from
upstream, so it's low risk.
* Related bug:
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
More information about the Ubuntu-sponsors