[Merge] lp:~ubuntu-mate-dev/compiz/fix-1067951 into lp:compiz

Sam Spilsbury smspillaz at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 10:11:13 UTC 2016

I'm still not sure if this is the best idea. As I mentioned in the last merge review, all this does is mask the underlying problem.

I haven't tracked Ubuntu release cycles for a while now, but if this is an urgent fix for an RC release I think it'd be sensible to make a note and track down why windows are losing their decorations upon being unmapped post-release. That sounds like a pretty serious issue to me.

Note that keeping minimised window previews around is not really spec-compliant functionality. It works in 95% of cases, which is convenient, but there's a plausible case where an application could require that its window be unmapped in order to stop refreshing its content. Video players and games are examples that come to mind. I also recall having some issues with Chromium when I implied this feature for Unity. Mostly just something to be aware of.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-mate-dev/compiz/fix-1067951/+merge/283039
Your team Ubuntu Sponsors Team is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~ubuntu-mate-dev/compiz/fix-1067951 into lp:compiz.