[Merge] lp:~n-muench/ubuntu/saucy/open-vm-tools/open-vm-tools.april-update.part2-merge into lp:ubuntu/open-vm-tools

Nate Muench (Mink) NowIWillDestroyAbydos at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 20:34:35 UTC 2013

The proposal to merge lp:~n-muench/ubuntu/saucy/open-vm-tools/open-vm-tools.april-update.part2-merge into lp:ubuntu/open-vm-tools has been updated.

Description changed to:

Merged some items from Debian.  Added patches for Linux 3.10 & 3.11.

vmhgfs is still kind of flaky.  Either because of something related to the kernel or a build package, I'm not really sure.  It's been broken since the original upload, with the 3.9 kernel)

0007-dkms-suppress-error.patch tweaks the dkms.conf file. There are modules that still fail to build, modules that are either in the kernel or flaky. The patch lets only the vmblock module (fixed with the 3.11 patch) and the vmxnet module (fixed with the 3.10 patch) build. The reason is if during the DKMS build process, any modules fail to build, none will get installed.

vmxnet builds successfully because of the 3.10 patch.

0007-dkms-suppress-error.patch will be removed once a new upstream version is released. That will be the last merge proposal of this cycle.

I was planning on more updates (including the paper work to become the package's official maintainer (and gain uploader rights)) during the Saucy devel cycle, but there were some delays related to the package.  These plans have been postponed until 14.04.

Did I say too much to get this disapproved?

For more details, see:
https://code.launchpad.net/~n-muench/ubuntu/saucy/open-vm-tools/open-vm-tools.april-update.part2-merge/+merge/184457
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~n-muench/ubuntu/saucy/open-vm-tools/open-vm-tools.april-update.part2-merge/+merge/184457
Your team Ubuntu Sponsors Team is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~n-muench/ubuntu/saucy/open-vm-tools/open-vm-tools.april-update.part2-merge into lp:ubuntu/open-vm-tools.