[Merge] lp:~n-muench/ubuntu/precise/open-vm-tools/open-vm-tools.quantal-modules.backport into lp:ubuntu/precise/open-vm-tools

Nate Muench (Mink) NowIWillDestroyAbydos at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 21:12:54 UTC 2013

Nate Muench (Mink) has proposed merging lp:~n-muench/ubuntu/precise/open-vm-tools/open-vm-tools.quantal-modules.backport into lp:ubuntu/precise/open-vm-tools.

Requested reviews:
  Ubuntu Sponsors Team (ubuntu-sponsors)
  Ubuntu Security Sponsors Team (ubuntu-security-sponsors)
  Nate Muench (Mink) (n-muench)
  Dmitry Shachnev (mitya57)
Related bugs:
  Bug #1083719 in open-vm-tools (Ubuntu): "open-vm-dkms 2011.12.20-562307-0ubuntu1: open-vm-tools kernel module failed to build"
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/open-vm-tools/+bug/1083719

For more details, see:
https://code.launchpad.net/~n-muench/ubuntu/precise/open-vm-tools/open-vm-tools.quantal-modules.backport/+merge/172158

Looking at what's been uploaded to Ubuntu. I noticed that Quantal has the 3.5 kernel.

So I've created a patch that takes all the modules from Quantal and upgrades the Precise ones. I've done a diff of the modules folders from the Precise packaging and the Quantal packaging (excluding the FreeBSD and solaris folders, because we don't use them)

This time there is no backporting any packaging, just cherry-picking the modules from Quantal.
--
The attached diff has been truncated due to its size.
https://code.launchpad.net/~n-muench/ubuntu/precise/open-vm-tools/open-vm-tools.quantal-modules.backport/+merge/172158