[Merge] lp:~grishkin/chm2pdf/chm2pdf_branch into lp:~reto-knaak/chm2pdf/chm2pdf_branch

Reto Knaak reto.knaak at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 20:25:22 UTC 2012

Hi Grishkin!

Nice to hear you, and thank you for your work!
It's possbile that I made some mistakes, I also saw the patches are not
there but assumed (as they are listed in  /debian/patches/series) that they
would be applied at installation.

I started my virtualbox and executed the steps you described.
Unfortunately, the merge step gives me
bzr: ERROR: Not a branch: "/home/reto/".
So I'm stuck again...
Neverless, I checked your code against mine, and there are a few points to
discuss.

- in your version you don't use temporary directories (like the original
script version on google.code); in the ubuntu/devian version temporary
directories where iserted for security reasons (and against the will of the
developers with the result that they left the project). As this is a branch
on ubuntu, probably it would be good to stay with the temporary diretories
solution.
Personally I like the --dontextract because it's useful in debugging and
this is broken with temporary directories...

-Thank you for the suggestion for solving the %20 issue.
My suggestion is to use your solution only if --BeatifulSoup is used, and
if not, stay with current solution (It's only a minor problem for me).

- I'm not sure if line 522 should be commented, as it's now solved with
526:
  522: page = re.sub('(?i)"'+match_string, '"'+replace_string, page)
  526: page = re.sub(r'(?i)("|"[^\/"].*?\/)'+match_string,
'"'+replace_string, page)

-what is the difference between os.mkdir and os.makedirs? Am I right that
os.makedirs is safer to be used?

I still hope that someone will take charge of maintaining the chm2pdf
project, so that our shared efforts are not lost....
Kind regards!

Reto

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~grishkin/chm2pdf/chm2pdf_branch/+merge/128385
Your team Ubuntu Sponsors Team is subscribed to branch lp:~reto-knaak/chm2pdf/chm2pdf_branch.