[Merge] lp:~evfool/synaptic/ancientfixes into lp:synaptic

Michael Vogt michael.vogt at ubuntu.com
Mon Feb 27 20:14:18 UTC 2012

Thanks! Most of this is great, there is one small wishlist item I have:

The link buttons should point to a custom invoke browser method. The rational
is that we don't want to open browser windows as root. So the custom code need
to run something like "sudo -u $PKEXEC_UID xdg-open $link" (or if PKEXEC_UID is
not in the environment $SUDO_USER). There is code in rgmainwindow.cc that does
something like this currently (without the PKEXEC_UID bit). That should probably
move to rutils.{cc,h} and re-used for the link buttons as well. What do you think :) ?
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~evfool/synaptic/ancientfixes/+merge/93134
Your team Ubuntu Sponsors Team is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~evfool/synaptic/ancientfixes into lp:synaptic.