[Merge] lp:~n-muench/ubuntu/raring/open-vm-tools/open-vm-tools.fix-1088053 into lp:ubuntu/raring-proposed/open-vm-tools

Nate Muench (Mink) NowIWillDestroyAbydos at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 20:00:29 UTC 2012

The proposal to merge lp:~n-muench/ubuntu/raring/open-vm-tools/open-vm-tools.fix-1088053 into lp:ubuntu/raring-proposed/open-vm-tools has been updated.

Description changed to:

This stops dkms from building the vmsync module.

Upstream says that the kernel takes care of this as of 3.6.  And Ubuntu's kernel has it compiled in.

UPDATE (12-21-12): Debian has started their uploads again, with the stable release.  I plan on bringing in some of those changes in the next upload.

As for uploading uploading the Stable release to Ubuntu (instead of the Devel release), maybe next cycle, I want to see how upstream is releasing their packages. See how their release ratio of Stable vs Devel is.

UPDATE (12-28-12): THIS PROPOSAL IS ON HOLD, upstream has release a new Devel release. I'm going to bring it into this proposal, superseding this branch.  I just want to upload the new packaging to my Virtual Test repo (https://launchpad.net/~n-muench/+archive/virtual-test/+packages) to see if everything works.  IT WILL NOT INCLUDE STUFF BACKPORTED FROM THE DEBIAN RELEASE, THAT WILL BE FOR THE NEXT PROPOSAL. (NOTE: Caps is for bolding text).

For more details, see:
https://code.launchpad.net/~n-muench/ubuntu/raring/open-vm-tools/open-vm-tools.fix-1088053/+merge/139560
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~n-muench/ubuntu/raring/open-vm-tools/open-vm-tools.fix-1088053/+merge/139560
Your team Ubuntu Sponsors Team is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~n-muench/ubuntu/raring/open-vm-tools/open-vm-tools.fix-1088053 into lp:ubuntu/raring-proposed/open-vm-tools.