[Merge] lp:~n-muench/ubuntu/quantal/open-vm-tools/open-vm-tools.may2.sid-sync into lp:ubuntu/open-vm-tools

Nate Muench (Mink) NowIWillDestroyAbydos at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 20:17:24 UTC 2012

The proposal to merge lp:~n-muench/ubuntu/quantal/open-vm-tools/open-vm-tools.may2.sid-sync into lp:ubuntu/open-vm-tools has been updated.

Description changed to:

This basically is the remaining stuff left out of the last proposal (because Debian did some updates after I submitted the proposal).

Everything from Debian has been included this proposal, with the following exceptions:
 *The stuff relating to kmod (Ubuntu doesn't have kmod in its repos yet)
 *The new DKMS config stuff (Basically an overhaul)
  +I'm gonna start bring the stuff over during the 13.04 cycle so I have a little time to test changes without the Feature Freeze coming closer and closer.

I think there is a page somewhere that is documenting which packages need to be transitioned to kmod (when it get's into repos next cycle). Can it be noted to not touch the modprobe lines, in this package) that involve pcnet32 and vmxnet.  I want to test some solutions to existing problems (just warnings), that might be fixed with kmod.

I'm trying to get this proposal in the main Quantal repo before the Feature Freeze.

For more details, see:
https://code.launchpad.net/~n-muench/ubuntu/quantal/open-vm-tools/open-vm-tools.may2.sid-sync/+merge/118203
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~n-muench/ubuntu/quantal/open-vm-tools/open-vm-tools.may2.sid-sync/+merge/118203
Your team Ubuntu Sponsors Team is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~n-muench/ubuntu/quantal/open-vm-tools/open-vm-tools.may2.sid-sync into lp:ubuntu/open-vm-tools.