[Merge] lp:~n-muench/ubuntu/oneiric/open-vm-tools/open-vm-tools-august.merge into lp:ubuntu/open-vm-tools

Nate Muench NowIWillDestroyAbydos at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 19:32:24 UTC 2011

The proposal to merge lp:~n-muench/ubuntu/oneiric/open-vm-tools/open-vm-tools-august.merge into lp:ubuntu/open-vm-tools has been updated.

Description changed to:

This is the August release of the package (as promised).

The packaging includes some changes from the Debian unstable upload (namely the upgrade to quilt 3.0).  The main things not merged from Debian include: open-vm-dkms remaining and open-vm-toolbox staying as a transitional package.

I've added numlockx to the suggested packages for open-vm-tools because the numlock doesn't engage after login (I don't know if I'm the only one encountering this).  This is a temporary workaround until something better can be put into place.

I've removed the commented out lines from debian/rules, ones that were suppose to be removed before the last merge (but issues prevented it from being removed).

I used bzr import-dsc to add the newest revision.  I think I did it right this time, although, I don't know if that .pc directory should be there or not (it's not in the source packaging).  If you want me to resubmit it, I would be happy to.

You can consult my working branch for this merge:
https://code.launchpad.net/~n-muench/ubuntu/oneiric/open-vm-tools/open-vm-tools-august.prep

Built packages can be found here:
https://launchpad.net/~n-muench/+archive/virtual-test/+packages

I might push the September release, it depends on if there is time left to do so.

For more details, see:
https://code.launchpad.net/~n-muench/ubuntu/oneiric/open-vm-tools/open-vm-tools-august.merge/+merge/74702
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~n-muench/ubuntu/oneiric/open-vm-tools/open-vm-tools-august.merge/+merge/74702
Your team Ubuntu Sponsors Team is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~n-muench/ubuntu/oneiric/open-vm-tools/open-vm-tools-august.merge into lp:ubuntu/open-vm-tools.