[Merge] lp:~n-muench/ubuntu/oneiric/open-vm-tools/open-vm-tools-august.merge into lp:ubuntu/open-vm-tools

Nate Muench NowIWillDestroyAbydos at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 21:58:27 UTC 2011

Nate Muench has proposed merging lp:~n-muench/ubuntu/oneiric/open-vm-tools/open-vm-tools-august.merge into lp:ubuntu/open-vm-tools.

Requested reviews:
  Ubuntu Sponsors Team (ubuntu-sponsors)
Related bugs:
  Bug #598933 in open-vm-tools (Ubuntu): "open-vm-tools should recommend open-vm-dkms"
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/open-vm-tools/+bug/598933

For more details, see:
https://code.launchpad.net/~n-muench/ubuntu/oneiric/open-vm-tools/open-vm-tools-august.merge/+merge/74702

This is the August release of the package (as promised).

The packaging includes some changes from the Debian unstable upload (namely the upgrade to quilt 3.0).  The main things not merged from Debian include: open-vm-dkms remaining and open-vm-toolbox staying as a transitional package.

I've added numlockx to the suggested packages for open-vm-tools because the numlock doesn't engage after login (I don't know if I'm the only one encountering this).  This is a temporary workaround until something better can be put into place.

I've removed the commented out lines from debian/rules, ones that were suppose to be removed before the last merge (but issues prevented it from being removed).

I used bzr import-dsc to add the newest revision.  I think I did it right this time, although, I don't know if that .pc directory should be there or not (it's not in the source packaging).

You can consult my working branch for this merge:
https://code.launchpad.net/~n-muench/ubuntu/oneiric/open-vm-tools/open-vm-tools-august.prep

I might push the September release, it depends on if there is time left to do so.
--
The attached diff has been truncated due to its size.
https://code.launchpad.net/~n-muench/ubuntu/oneiric/open-vm-tools/open-vm-tools-august.merge/+merge/74702