[Merge] lp:~nataliabidart/ubuntu/natty/magicicada/magicicada-0.3.0 into lp:ubuntu/magicicada

Naty Bidart natalia.bidart at canonical.com
Fri Jan 7 23:03:44 UTC 2011

> > I thought we had to put the actual maintainers on that field.
> > Can you please confirm?
>
> I'm not sure on Maintainer policy either, best I can tell is that Ubuntu tends
> to use Ubuntu Developers for ubuntu-only packages. The reason for this is that
> Ubuntu packages don't have strong maintainers, but are maintained by all
> Ubuntu developers. However, there is no policy I know of stipulating this, so
> I'm happy with it as is.

Good, I'll leave it as is since I plan to maintain magicicada in the long term.

> > what is DEP5? And how should it be updated?
>
> DEP5 is the machine-readable changelog format.
> http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep5/
> A few of the fields have changed name, and there should only be one (multi-
> line) copyright item.

Thanks for the pointer, all fixed.

> > Could you please be more specific where dh_python2 should be used?
>
> dh_python2 is a replacement for python-support and python-central. Instead of
> creating per-python-version symlink farms at install time, they are shipped in
> the package, and only byte-compilation is done at install time. Unfortunately
> there is little documentation on it that I can point you to (yet).
>
> CDBS only gained support in 0.4.90 (which isn't in Ubuntu yet), so the best
> way to use it is probably to switch to debhelper.
>
> Here's a trivial port, which is untested, but looks ok:
> http://paste.ubuntu.com/551612/

I've applied this patch and build and installed the packages, seems to work just fine. Thanks!

> > what would be a better formatting?
> Wrapping like this
>
> * this is a multilne
>   bulleted point.

Fixed!

> Oh, and lintian says "Splitted" isn't an english word. It's right about that
> :)

Also fixed :-)

Thanks again!
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~nataliabidart/ubuntu/natty/magicicada/magicicada-0.3.0/+merge/45528
Your team Ubuntu Sponsors Team is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~nataliabidart/ubuntu/natty/magicicada/magicicada-0.3.0 into lp:ubuntu/magicicada.