[Merge] lp:~mathieu-tl/ubuntu/maverick/casper/netmount_if_conf_in_initrd into lp:ubuntu/casper

Mathieu Trudel mathieu.tl at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 15:02:49 BST 2010

Mathieu Trudel has proposed merging lp:~mathieu-tl/ubuntu/maverick/casper/netmount_if_conf_in_initrd into lp:ubuntu/casper.

Requested reviews:
  Ubuntu Sponsors Team (ubuntu-sponsors)
Related bugs:
  #602273 PXE booting the desktop image fails to configure network
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/602273

Use configure_networking provided by scripts/functions which is sourced by init inside initrd; to configure and initialize the network card used to boot the system.

AFAIK, this might not be ideal, but I could not think of an alternate way to take care of initializing the interface used to boot the system. Another thing that might be better would be to bring in configure_networking in casper's functions, but since I could not find another case that uses network booting/mounting with casper than the live CD, this seemed sufficient.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~mathieu-tl/ubuntu/maverick/casper/netmount_if_conf_in_initrd/+merge/31541
Your team Ubuntu Sponsors Team is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~mathieu-tl/ubuntu/maverick/casper/netmount_if_conf_in_initrd into lp:ubuntu/casper.