[Bug 555620] [FFe] Please sync openafs 1.4.12+dfsg-3 (universe) from Debian unstable (main)
jw+debian at jameswestby.net
Mon Apr 12 11:51:54 BST 2010
[Updating] openafs (1.4.11+dfsg-6 [Ubuntu] < 1.4.12+dfsg-3 [Debian])
* Trying to add openafs...
2010-04-12 10:51:47 INFO - <openafs_1.4.12+dfsg.orig.tar.gz: downloading from http://ftp.debian.org/debian/>
2010-04-12 10:51:50 INFO - <openafs_1.4.12+dfsg-3.dsc: downloading from http://ftp.debian.org/debian/>
2010-04-12 10:51:50 INFO - <openafs_1.4.12+dfsg-3.diff.gz: downloading from http://ftp.debian.org/debian/>
I: openafs [universe] -> openafs-client_1.4.11+dfsg-6 [universe].
I: openafs [universe] -> openafs-kpasswd_1.4.11+dfsg-6 [universe].
I: openafs [universe] -> openafs-fileserver_1.4.11+dfsg-6 [universe].
I: openafs [universe] -> openafs-dbserver_1.4.11+dfsg-6 [universe].
I: openafs [universe] -> openafs-doc_1.4.11+dfsg-6 [universe].
I: openafs [universe] -> openafs-krb5_1.4.11+dfsg-6 [universe].
I: openafs [universe] -> libopenafs-dev_1.4.11+dfsg-6 [universe].
I: openafs [universe] -> openafs-modules-source_1.4.11+dfsg-6 [universe].
I: openafs [universe] -> openafs-modules-dkms_1.4.11+dfsg-6 [universe].
I: openafs [universe] -> libpam-openafs-kaserver_1.4.11+dfsg-6 [universe].
I: openafs [universe] -> openafs-dbg_1.4.11+dfsg-6 [universe].
** Changed in: openafs (Ubuntu)
Status: Confirmed => Fix Released
[FFe] Please sync openafs 1.4.12+dfsg-3 (universe) from Debian unstable (main)
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Sponsors Team, which is a direct subscriber.
Status in “openafs” package in Ubuntu: Fix Released
Reading the 1.4.12 release notes at:
that list just one new feature and but on the other hand dozends of bug fixes
and considering that Lucid will be LTS it would be IMHO a good thing to
have the following stuff fixes that are part of 1.4.12:
- Fixes to avoid issues cleaning up deleted hosts in the fileserver (126454)
- Fixes to avoid dropping writes due to server idle timeouts.
- Don't miss cache chunks of large files while truncating.
- Avoid null pointer dereference for unexpected volume names in volume
- Don't mark connections waiting for additional packet window availability
- Kerberos 5 utilities (klog.krb5, aklog) enable weak encryption support.
- Avoid a double-free of an Rx call structure during a client fetch error.
- Avoid losing hosts during address changes. (125215)
- Clients shouldn't trust Fetchdata replies for the size of returned data.
- fileserver will not hang when attempting to cleanup and dump core.
- salvager will not leave core files in random directories.
- avoid letting retransmit timer get to 0 seconds.
- in event of dbserver contact failure, shut fileserver down cleanly.
- handle large partitions during check for needed disk space at
- time out Rx connections if network unreachable error received.
- avoid dereferencing NULL pointer freeing Rx packets in receive. (125110)
- mark stack not executable in LWP. (125491)
- return a correct VolumeSync structure from Bulkstat RPCs in fileserver.
- client attempts to better free memory at shutdown.
- clear rx call queue safely. (125110)
- retry VLserver registration on failure in fileserver.
- update accessdate for volumes on access in fileserver.
- additional safety checks on vlserver operations to avoid
- make ktc_curpag available on all builds. (125155)
- Handle kernel changes through 2.6.33.
- Fix oops in clear_inode due to missed locking. (125589)
- Better handle /afs mount failures.
- Clean up after failures creating our kernel kmem cache.
- Work around memory management issues with some kernels when configuring
the buffer cache/bdi (126514)
- Rename compile_et to afs_compile_et to avoid RPM conflicts.
- Handle whole-file locks properly. (126561)
- Deal with kernel autoconf header renaming.
- Handle SELinux cache backing file labels better to avoid potential oops.
Anyone aware why we should not try to get a late sync done? (or why it was
not done yet ;)
More information about the Ubuntu-sponsors