Readying for launch

Nicholas Skaggs nicholas.skaggs at canonical.com
Sun Dec 6 16:22:35 UTC 2015

Tomorrow is the big day! The first students will begin pouring over the
tasks, and I expect we'll have plenty of questions! It would be useful to
try and be more available during this first week as everyone learns about
how to communicate and who to ask for things. Be sure to check in on IRC
and the mailing list.

As of right now, we do have 75 tasks, so we're legal for tomorrow. That
said, we definitely will need more for the contest, as it runs into
January. So please, please continue to explore and writeup new tasks as we
go. The more we have going into the contest, the easier it will be for all
of us. Do note,  once your task is submitted it must be reviewed by an
admin (that's popey, josé or myself) before it will be published. Only
admins can publish tasks.

I've been adding to the FAQ on the site, so please refer to it as you have
questions. It just might be answered. If not, ask away, and we'll add the
answer.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/GoogleCodeIn

Thanks again to all of your for volunteering and for your help in getting
things ready. I look forward to having a wonderful GCI with all of you.

Nicholas