Clipboard Improvements Idea

James Westby jw+debian at jameswestby.net
Tue Mar 23 14:57:01 GMT 2010

Hi,

I have some questions about the clipboard improvements idea on the wiki.

There was some conversation about this issue in #ubuntu-devel a couple
of weeks ago. See the discussion starting at 18:01 at

  http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2010/02/22/%23ubuntu-devel.html

which points to

  http://library.gnome.org/misc/release-notes/2.12/#rngeneral

Also, the proposal to have an app that shows what is in the clipboard is
not needed with things such as parcelite.

Therefore, if this is still an issue with lots of apps then I think the
project should at least be re-phrased to be finding a list of apps that
exhibit this behaviour and fixing them individually. If it's not a
problem in a lot of apps then is it something that would make a good
GSoC project?

Thanks,

James