Introduction and some project ideas / questions :)

Jacob Peddicord jpeddicord at ubuntu.com
Mon Mar 22 02:16:17 GMT 2010

On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 10:03 PM, Dylan McCall <dylanmccall at gmail.com> wrote:
> Eep! That is embarrassing. I managed to hit Ctrl+Enter somehow,
> sending the message way before I finished. These fast Internet
> connections are nothing but trouble!

I almost did that today as well. Tip: leave the To field blank until
you're done writing your message. ;)

> Err, where was I? Um... naturally, that game idea is a bit different
> from the other stuff, but I think it fits into the Ubuntu project
> specifically with the opportunistic programmer stuff we have going on.
> Quickly is totally appealing to someone who knows programming, but a
> programming game aiming at beginner Python users and sharing
> conventions with the GNOME environment might be a good way to get
> people started. I would be interested to know if there's a fit for
> such things in Ubuntu's GSoc and if anyone might be interested in
> mentoring that :)

Personally, I think it sounds like an interesting idea, though I'm
just a fellow student. Have you heard about the turtle Python
module[1]? Might be an interesting thing to take a look at, even if
it's not exactly targeting the same audience.

[1] http://docs.python.org/library/turtle.html

--
Jacob Peddicord
http://jacob.peddicord.net/