Ubuntu SoC

Daniel Holbach daniel.holbach at ubuntu.com
Fri Mar 5 10:47:23 GMT 2010

On 25.02.2010 18:24, Brett Alton wrote:
> Is this happening this year? I have a few ideas :)

We did a call for mentors among ~ubuntu-dev already and asked for
projects they were interested in mentoring or for other suitable
candidates for mentoring. Depending on the feedback we will decide if
there's going to be Ubuntu participation in the SoC 2010. AFAIK the
decision needs to be made March 12th.

Simply put: if we have 200 students applying and just 5 mentors it's not
going to fly.

If you know trusted community members who know their way around in their
part in Ubuntu who'd be willing to take on the role of a mentor, please
ask them to get in touch with me with ideas for projects they'd like to
mentor. Bear in mind that this is a very responsible role and will take
up quite a bit of time.

We'll announce the plan as soon as it's definite.

Have a great day,
 Daniel