Important: please rate applications today

Henrik Nilsen Omma henrik.omma at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 11:03:19 BST 2007

On 4/10/07, Martin Pitt <martin.pitt at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Scott James Remnant [2007-04-10  8:50 +0100]:
> > We've reached the deadline for mentor application ratings, and the vast
> > majority of applications have not yet been rated!
> >
> > Please ensure you rate them TODAY!
>
> Just to publish my current practice: I went through all the apps last
> week and gave negative ratings to the 'no, really, that's crap' ones
> and positive marks to the ones I liked, just to make them stand out.
> For example, we have tons of duplicates, so I picked the ones which
> looked well and didn't touch the rest.

Thanks for explaining your approach. I'm following the same basic system
now. I'm throwing out some that seem to be too large for SoC. Then there are
several topics with very many dupes, esp. in folder versioning and
Education. Several games are propsed. Should we consider these upstream
tasks?

Also, should we try to compete for candidates that have already had offers
of mentorship elsewhere, or should we quietly demote them and give someone
else a chance? It might be good to have a policy on this.

Henrik