[Ubuntu-SG] Greetings from a SG Ubuntu Newbie

Muhammad Heidir md.heidir at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 12:57:24 UTC 2013

Hi Kang Heong,

Welcome to Ubuntu-SG mailing list! It is surprising that you managed to find
out about this LoCo.

Have you visited our wiki? https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SingaporeTeam

Most of our recent files and information are there. You can register for the
Login credentials and share anything that is interesting there.

Up till last year, we were active in Software Freedom Day Singapore. We held a
booth almost every year since its inception in Singapore. We distributed CDs,
shared our laptops and desktops with visitors. We even held a hands-on gaming
experience using Ubuntu, proudly performed by our female member!

Right now, due to the hectic Singapore lifestyle, most of our members are
caught with work schedules eating away our free time to be able to contribute.
But rest assured, should you have any questions/discussion/debat with regards
to Ubuntu and Open Source stuff, we will gladly participate.

Instead of using Ubuntu alone, why not spread the word in NUS. Entice your
friends with Ubuntu. Show off your Ubuntu desktop. Make it look like "it shall
not be named" desktop that everyone will envy and start asking, what, how,
where? Introduce them to Ubuntu and bring them in to Team Ubuntu Singapore.

The more members with have, the more lively it will be. Feel free to pen down
your thoughts into this mailing list.

As always, have fun!
--
Best Regards,