[Ubuntu-SG] Update on the ubuntu.sg website, and thoughts on TUSG

Chen Xiangpeng xp at xp.sg
Thu May 27 02:57:21 UTC 2010

Hi guys,

I've been part of this mailing list for the past 3 years and I too got to
admit that I didn't really contribute much :P

>From what I've seen over the years, every attempt to get the website up and
running sort of burn out towards the end. IIRC, we've at least tried plain
html sites, wordpress and drupal systems. Nothing worked out because of the
simple fact that there ain't really much stuff we can put up to sustain
interest in the website. Nothing much happens in this mailing list unless
there is a new ubuntu release or SFD is coming. I think that we can just
redirect the domain name to the launchpad/wiki instead and save the trouble
of finding resources to host a website that we don't really need.

Oh BTW, the loco logo will be "refreshed" when the new ubuntu title fonts
are released :)

Regards,
XP