[Ubuntu-SG] Any SELinux Conflicts With Firefox, BitTorrent and Pidgin?

Muhammad Heidir md.heidir at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 14:21:53 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-08-17 at 14:37 +0800, Wilson Jason wrote:

> thank you so much for the help! I should have sent a quick e-mail
> saying that I have taken care of the problem.
>
> I found that I had synaptic open and it was downloading that was
> causing interference,
>
> than I killed all apt get and get all aptitude and killed all dpkg I
> did this under root briefly than got out of root.
>
> So now I am happy with my vcd, dvd region free, and I have xmms
> version 1 all doing well on the desktop.
>
> I am really happy to be using ubuntu again. It is honestly such a good
> O.S and software that I would not mind paying for it.
>
> If I add SELinux for security are you aware of any conflicts with
> firefox, bittorrent or pidgit?
>
> Thanks again you are definitely the ubuntu guru!

Hi Wilson,

Give yourself a pat on the back for resolving the problem! Hope its
going to be included in your Lesson Learned journal...

About SELinux, I'm not entirely sure about conflicts with Firefox and
such when SELinux is enabled.

I'm cc'ing this to the mailing list so that other Gurus can take a look
at it.

Guys, some help here!

Muhammad Heidir

Launchpad: ~heidir