[Ubuntu-SG] General questions

Muhammad Heidir md.heidir at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 21:16:08 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-08-11 at 23:44 +0800, Wilson Jason wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I am looking for a live ubuntu cd to put Ubuntu on my computer, and I
> have tried to burn several iso images and it seems that the servers
> always time out.
>
> I am looking for a live ubuntu cd and I am willing to pay for the copy
> of one.
>
> I am also using a starhub wirless 3G modem and I would appreciate any
> helpful hints or suggestions on how to configure ubuntu for this
> wireless or an alternative wireless hardware that would allow me to go
> online to sudo apt get update lah.
>
> By the way my name is Jason and I am from the States, I used to use
> Ubuntu in the U.S and now I'm stuck again with Micro$ucks.
>
> Thanks again...

Hi Wilson,

I would suggest that you use BitTorrent to get the ISO image. It will be
a better since it is able to provide a faster download and does not
require specific source as it is able to get from multiple peers.

Regarding the Wireless 3G, may I know the model of the USB device? Such
as Huawei E180 or something, there should be a label behind it.

Muhammad Heidir

Launchpad: ~heidir
Team Ubuntu Singapore