[Ubuntu-SG] Meets in Singapore?

Anand Vaidya anand at vsa-services.com
Mon Apr 26 10:27:55 UTC 2010

On 26 April 2010 pm 1:56:34 Prakash Advani wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have just joined this list. I work for Canonical and I manage the
> business in Central Asia (including Singapore).
>
> I am visiting Singapore the week starting 24th May.. are there any meets
> plans around that time frame?

Hi Prakash,

Welcome to Singapore. There is a Linux meetup on 29/May Details:
http://www.meetup.com/sg-linux/calendar/13291735/

> How is the adoption of Ubuntu in Singaproe?

Singapore is a Windows Country. Windows Absolutely dominates everything here.
Being cash rich, a couple of dollars to Microsoft normally doesn't make much
of waves , I guess.

Not many well known instances. But we (SLMG) had converted a charity called
Rainbow club to Ubuntu (Edubuntu).

> I would also like to know organisations that are large users of Ubuntu
> or any Linux to understand how they are using.

I have seen standalone Ubuntu servers in various places, but I am not sure I
can reveal the customer names on a public mailing list. Many are SMEs (Small
and Medium Enterprises)

RHEL dominates the Linux market here. I use a lot of CentOS  at some of my
client sites.

regards
Anand