[Ubuntu-SG] Fwd: Is it true ?

suhaw koh kohsuhaw at gmail.com
Thu May 7 13:16:17 UTC 2009

Hi K Sitt,

You are hit the nail on the head when you wrote that it takes a lot of
trouble to claim back the money.

But what if similar such instances were pooled together ?  The effort would
be the same and one-time.  It is probably too much effort and time-consuming
to do it for just one licence, but individuals with same problem were to
assign their rights to a common pool or something...

That is also probably why EU laws made it easier for the non-Windows user to
get the refund which is afterall rightfully his.

Cheers.

suhaw

2009/5/7 K Sitt <k at sitt.com.sg>

> Suhaw,
>
> I remember the case in europe. The guy had gone through a lot to trouble to
> claim back his money for OS he didn't want but installed on his laptop.
>
> -wrote in a few times to M$ for refund
> -went through small claim tribunal and consumer association as well as
> court action before he got it back.
>
> If u r serious enough you can probably try that in Singapore too. ;) not
> that its impossible. I am not too sure about legal details tho. But they are
> relying on the "End User License Agreement" (which you rejected when you
> clicked no) and the consumer protection act (which Singapore also have).
>
> Rgds.

Koh Su Haw  许树浩
http://suhaw.teresaville.org/
Tel : +65 6236 8194