[Ubuntu-SG] Starting a collection of tips for newbs for after they install jaunty...

Muhammad Heidir dave33bravo at yahoo.com.sg
Tue May 5 09:09:57 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-05-05 at 16:56 +0800, Alain Michael Janith wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using Axioo MNC Series with SIS M672 chipset could not find a VGA
> driver. how can I rectyfy the problem? and get full graphical
> performance?
>
> I am new to Linux. Only know how to cut and paste in command line.
>
> Thnks
>
> Janith

Hi Janith,

Could you provide the following?

1) Ubuntu version you are running eg. 8.04, 8.10, 9.04
2) type the command: lspci -v
and copy,paste the VGA compatible controller part.

3) Visit this forum: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1135091
and try out the attachment, see if it works.

All the best!
--
Best Regards,
Muhammad Heidir