[Ubuntu-SG] Minutes of Ubuntu

C David Rigby c.david.rigby at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 02:48:03 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-03-03 at 10:19 +0800, dave33bravo at yahoo.com.sg wrote:
> Hi CDR, For the presentation, what are the topics that needs to be covered?
> Presumably we are going for the LiveCD Demo, I propose the following topics:
> a: Desktop Introduction b: Web Browser c: OpenOffice.org d: Rythmbox e: Totem
> Player f: Evolution Mail + Calendar Integration g: Instant Messaging h: Theme
> Customization Are those good enough? Regards, Heidir

Those are all good. I would add "installation of Ubuntu restricted
extras" after "Desktop intro" or as part of it. If Flash isn't working
by the time we get to "Web Browser" we will lose the audience.

Depending on the hardware, we might also be able to demo "activation of
restricted (non-free) drivers" & ndiswrapper. I'm not so sure we'll be
"lucky" enough to have nVidia graphics cards and unsupported wireless
adapters, though.

Finally, under theme customization, we can show off Beryl effects for
those that want them, if the hardware supports it.

Regards
CDR