[Ubuntu-SG] Should we "Say No to Piracy"?

Tom Goh tomgohj at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 05:56:49 UTC 2009

Just did a search and I may be wrong about fair use in singapore.

http://computertimes.asiaone.com.sg/columns/story/0,5104,2804,00.html

The Free Trade Agreement with the United States obliges Singapore to
tighten up copyright laws by this year. Singapore's stand, fortunately,
is an enlightened one.

An important clause in the proposed changes states that it is not
illegal to disable technology used for 'market segmentation'. It ensures
that multi-region DVD players are okay to use here.

It does not specifically state anything about Singapore and decss.