[Ubuntu-SG] Jaunty UXA and Battery

Tom Goh tomgohj at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 19:02:47 BST 2009

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the tips.  Found that UXA running with hiMem/Pae (Server
version. I need it to realize my full 4GB of memory, run a number of VMs
for testing) does not work at all.  Will have to wait for that to be
fixed, which doesn't seem likely as Karmic Koala still has this bug and
nobody has triaged it yet.

Power Governor is set to On-demand which I have read is the best option.
    PowerTop did help quite substantially in Intrepid, but still no
where near what XP does (not that I use XP at all).

I am thinking of reinstalling completely and run a minimal gnome
install, even considering dropping the 32 bit server version and using
32 or 64 bit desktop.