[Ubuntu-SG] Ubuntu Marketing

Heidir dave33bravo at yahoo.com.sg
Mon Feb 23 10:08:49 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-02-23 at 17:31 +0800, C David Rigby wrote:

> On Mon, 2009-02-23 at 17:17 +0800, Heidir wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > An idea popped up my mind while searching a suitable poster for both
> > NUS and SMU presentations. At Jurong East MRT, there is a notice board
> > where people can post their advertisements or anything for free. My
> > idea is, if we could print out some coloured posters (A4) size and
> > post them onto these notice boards.
> >
> > Of course, you have to fork out a bit of your own pocket money, not
> > neccesarily coloured posters, black and white is good. Important thing
> > is to get the message out. 2 - 4 pieces will be a good start.
> >
> > I'll get some posters up and available on our Team wiki for those who
> > wish to pursue this marketing idea. Any way, we still have the
> > Software Freedom Day poster on the team wiki available for download.
> >
> > What do you guys think? Appreciate your feedback.
>
> All possible routes of publicity should be pursued. In the case of our
> workshops for NUS and SMU, though, participation will be limited to
> students at those institutions. Should we restrict publicity to the
> universities themselves?
>
> Regards
> CDR
>

> > Best Regards,
> >
> > Muhammad Heidir
> > yahoo: dave33bravo | multiply:doksg
> >
> > Please avoid forwarding emails which contains little informational
> > value.

Hi David,

During the meeting I did mention about including our registered team
members in the workshops. Have you asked Ho Fucai about the possibility?

For SMU, we have to restrict it to SMU students only. If we intend to
have the same session, we can ask Vincent to book for us another room
any other day since Vincent is able to secure for us the rooms.

For the publicity, we publicise for workshops where outsiders are
allowed to join, of course they have to register online to inform us
that they are attending.

What do you think?