[Ubuntu-SG] Getting a Windows Refund from HP Singapore

chewearn chew4097 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 08:04:15 UTC 2009

hi Nick

2009/8/26 Nick HS <nickhs at ubuntu.com>

> Hi all,
>
> I'm in the process of attempting to receive a refund for an unwanted
> copy of Windows Vista Home Premium from a brand new HP Pavilion dv2
> notebook, and have unfortunately appeared to have hit the "so sue us"
> stage.
>
> Unfortunately I don't have the necessary legal skills nor abilities to
> take HP to Small Claims court (which seems to be the pattern for other
> people) and am wondering what my options are? Has anyone tried this
> before in Singapore? Does HP have a leg to stand on if I could take them
> to Small Claims court?
>
> Thanks Nick

I have never gone thru the Small Claims Tribunals (SCT) so I am not speaking
from personal experience.

But to my knowledge, lodging a complain and making a case in SCT is supposed
to be as simple as possible, and lawyers are NOT permitted; so, you
shouldn't have to worry about it.

Here is the website on how to proceed:
http://app.subcourts.gov.sg/sct/page.aspx?pageid=8617

regards