[Ubuntu-SG] Additions/Changes to ubuntu.sg site

C David Rigby c.david.rigby at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 02:06:35 UTC 2009

FCKEditor
---------

I have activated the FCKEditor WYSIWYG editor for content on the site.
There are some caveats:

* Anonymous users cannot use it.
* It does not work on the "contact" page.
* One is supposed to deactivate the "Line break converter" portion of
the input filter. However, many people have already written articles
that rely on it, and their articles become quite messed up without it
(all of the lines run together). If future authors have problems with
line spacing as a result, let me know.

All users now have "Filtered HTML" as their default input format filter
when creating any content. The only content an anonymous user can create
is to use the site-wide contact form to send an email message to
enquiries at ubuntu.sg. However, FCKEditor is not active for the contact
form, so only a particularly savvy spammer is going to figure out how to
cause mischief with this. Billy, careful with emails from the site!

As part of the FCKEditor installation, "Filtered HTML" now allows a much
wider range of tags. The potential for abuse is there, but I would
rather give our registered users more power to start with. If it proves
to be a problem, we can restrict it later.

Administrators, and only administrators, can use "Full HTML".

I still do not have file upload configured to work with FCKEditor.
However, I will get to that soonest. That way we can easily include
images and other media directly in our posts.

CAPTCHA
-------

I added math CAPTCHA to the contact form and to the registration form.
Since normally only anonymous users would access these, it should not
prove to be too much of an inconvenience.

Please advise me of any problems you see. I will be away for most of
today, so if something seems wretchedly broken, send me an email and
just disable the module until I have a chance to fix it.

Cheers
CDR