[Ubuntu-SG] HP nx6320 - Wireless Problem iwl3945 driver

Adhika Widjaya adhikarexuss at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 01:38:06 UTC 2008

Hi guys,

I'm using an HP Laptop, the series is Compaq nx6230. I hope there are people
here who are having the same laptop as well.
my problem previously was unable to connect to a wireless network with WPA
encryption. Then I solved it after googling for a very long time.

Last night I experienced a very low signal, this is very strange because
normaly I got 50 - 60 % signal from the router.
My first thought is that it could be the WPA problem again, then I start
looking for the wireless network from other neighbour which not encrypted
and it was shocking to me that apparently I wasn't able to connect to the
network either.

Up to this point, my conclusion would be that the open network is blocking
the access by MAC Address.

Now I hope there's any of you using the same laptop as mine, using Ubuntu
8.04 too, having the same problem and importantly manage to get over the
problem.

Thanks,
Adhika W. Widjaya
Linux user and Junior Oracle DBA