[Ubuntu-SG] Software Freedom Day - Guide Brochure

C David Rigby c.david.rigby at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 22:09:27 UTC 2008

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 5:46 AM, Muhammad Heidir
<dave33bravo at yahoo.com.sg>wrote:

>  Hi All,
>
> I just got feedback from the print company about the Guide Brochure.
> Apparently, the cost to print it in full colour is very expensive.
>
> They told me that for 200pcs, it will cost about $1.00++ a piece, bringing
> the print cost to about $200++ just for the Guide Brochure. The standing
> banners cost about $100 for print and the stand.
>
> Here is the detailed breakdown:
> - Banner with Stand - 1pc: $100
> - A3 Poster - 40pcs: < $100
> - A2 Poster - 20pcs: $11/pc (I told the print company to print all in A3)
> - Guide Brochure - 200pcs: $1.00++ / pc
>
> Total Costs: Approximation $400++
> Current Fund (untouched): $350
>
> I can print the Guide Brochure in monochrome, but the design has to change.
>
> Please advice me about the prints by end of today, 17 September 2008.
>
> Heidir

My opinion: It's better to keep the Guide brochure as is, since it looks
good and it is the thing that people can take away with them. If we can not
generate more funds (I'll help) then I propose to reduce the number of A3
posters, and drop the A2s, so as to retain the brochures.

Cheers
CDR