[Ubuntu-SG] Speaker Request for NUS SFD, 19 Sept 2008 @ NUS

C David Rigby c.david.rigby at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 01:18:57 UTC 2008

Good Morning TUSG,

OK, because I'm sort of ornery (just ask my mother) my proposed
presentation, to follow those of Chew and Heidir, is "FOSS is not just
GNU/Linux!" What I'll cover, super-briefly:

   - FOSS for Windows
   - Other OSes (*BSDs, Minix; Open Solaris will already be covered by Thanh
   Son most likely)
   - Applications of the Free & Open Source concept to other domains
   (biology and hardware, for example, but also Creative Commons).

What do you think?

CDR