[Ubuntu-SG] Software Freedom Day - Ubuntu Installation Service?

K Sitt k at sitt.com.sg
Mon Sep 8 03:47:19 UTC 2008

Hi,

Yes, I agree with you. We should check with the organizers about their
policy. Free installs should be another option.

Don't get me wrong, I am all into free software and free installation. But
don't forget about the real idea behind free software. Its not free as in
free beer but free as in free speech. And the reason I suggested you to
charge is, people value it more when they pay something(guilt-free). People
do hesitate when you are giving away something free.

Anyways, we can always check. I was suggesting this because, I have read the
cup cake idea and the need to raise some money. So I thought I wanted to
give my thought about it.
Besides, there are companies giving that service and making money out of it,
that doesn't make them evil. It is justifiable if we use the proceed to fund
our future efforts, not for our personal good.

Regards