[Ubuntu-SG] Team Ubuntu Singapore - Official Logo

C David Rigby c.david.rigby at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 14:11:40 UTC 2008

The site setup seems fine to me. I understand about phpbb being subdomained
from the joomla installation. That is a typical setup. I considered it for
SFDS site and rejected it given our late start on getting the site together.

I would not worry too much about low conversion of guests to registered
users, particularly near a weekend. The site has only been up for less than
48 hours, after all. There will be more registered users with time and as we
ramp up the content.

Frankly, I'm impressed with how fast the TUSG site has gotten off the
ground. Again, I note that the effort for SFDS was later getting started
than I would like. But let's all cut ourselves some slack here. This is the
first time we've done this sort of thing. (I've organized Installfests and
science fiction conventions before, but this is the first FOSS exhibition
for me in a big city that is not associated with my university - significant
differences.) We are learning as we go, and SFD itself will generate lots of
content and interest for our web sites.

Just my $0.02. Well, I may be up to a whole 5 cents by now...

Cheers
CDR