[Ubuntu-SG] NTFS Harddisk

C David Rigby c.david.rigby at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 13:37:08 UTC 2008

Failure of a surface check usually means a hard failure, as opposed to a
(possibly correctable) error in directory structure or data corruption. What
you suffered was a "head crash", which is physical damage to the disk
medium. Partial recovery may be possible, but basically the disk is now a
paperweight.

Sorry to bring sad tidings.

CDR