[Ubuntu-SG] TUSG - August 28, 2008 Meeting Agenda

Maung Myat Thu @ Billy Aung Myint billy at ubuntu.sg
Wed Aug 27 13:37:41 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-08-27 at 18:38 +0800, ho yi hao wrote:
> hi all..haven really been replying to all the email..
>
> I was wondering if, why not rather than targeting the common public
> why not we target polytechnics or rather school first. As long as we
> can start a Ubutun/linux user group in any poly we would be able to
> raise funds easier..

Because LUGS is already active in schools. I speak as the former
vice-president/organiser/speaker of 3 Opensource Days events at NP , TP
and RP. Also for schools , redhat/novell is easier to sell. NP has
fedora at computer labs when I left. It will also be tough to sell a
software that has no HQ here.

> Next, to get funds, we can also start providing some service like
> maintaining linux computer at a small fee..

Linux or Ubuntu support? Also there are companies giving support. I
rather not go into that area. We are not-for-profit group. If you would
like to give support for a fee , pls do so. But not in our name.