[Ubuntu-SG] TUSG - Meeting 2 - 22 August 2008

Maung Myat Thu @ Billy Aung Myint billy at ubuntu.sg
Thu Aug 21 13:44:01 UTC 2008

Aren't any of you watching Olympic?? Just curious :P

Well there isn't much to add to the discussion but I would like to say
both sides are right. I would strongly suggest that we don't go into a
major event without planning but over planning without knowing what we
can and can't do won't help us either.

We go into the sfd with what we can do , plan as much as we can , give
as much time and effort as we can. Perhaps we are not in the kind of
shape we would like to be as an organisation but we have to start
somewhere.

So lets review of our current situation, we are sure of a place at sfd
and we have CDs and gifts and posters and so on. I suppose T-shirts/caps
are the only ones left. Perhaps , we might need more CDs too , just in
case.

For mission and such , everyone probably has different missions for the
group as a whole. I agree with Chew that we shelve it until after the
event is over. We have the event and we should run it well. Then we
talk.

So the email to Canonical has been sent , actually I did send to
trademark at canonical too. I didn't cc it here because I was using my
gmail which is the mailing list admin mail. I doubt it will matter much.
But yes in future we should have one contact only. I nominate Chew for
it. :)

regards
billy

My apology for being so quiet. I been busy with work. Oh yes , I could
make it either tomorrow or tuesday.