[Ubuntu-SG] Software Freedom Day 2008

suhaw koh kohsuhaw at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 02:51:01 UTC 2008

Hi All,

As per our discussions on Friday night.

While I am appreciative of offers of free booth, etc, recall the following
we said last Friday:
*  Ubuntu Singapore is a small team
*  As a team, we should focus on one or a limited few initiatives given our
resources
*  As individuals, we can of course offer our time and energies to whatever
else
*  An observation of LUGS is that while they have many members, they are
also very diverse and diffused and we don't want to go that way.
*  One 1st potential project - a Singapore-centric Ubuntu/Linux/OSS info
resource on the Internet - is barely into conceptual stage and we really
have nothing to show for it.  We are even sure that is a project we really
want to embark on.

My personal feeling is let's go support LUGS's SFD event in our individual
capacities.

As for this Sunday, sorry, I am going for a short weekend getaway to Malacca
and KL from tomorrow afternoon.

Cheers.

suhaw

Koh Su Haw 许树浩